Below you can see the height and weight index tables for boys and girls. But before we start, we must say that every child’s development is different. Child height weight index; It may vary depending on geography, culture level, feeding style and genetic characteristics. In addition, gender causes different results to appear on the height and weight scale in children.
Height and weight table for boys
Age Height (average) Weight (average) 1 year 74.1 cm 10.6 kg 2 years 86.8 cm 12.6 kg 3 years 95.4 cm 14.8 kg 4 years 102.5 cm 16.8 kg 5 years 109.1 cm 18.6 kg 6 years 116.1 cm 20.7 kg 7 years 120.5 cm 23.2 kg 8 years 126.9 cm 25.9 kg 9 years 132.1 cm 28.8 kg 10 years 137.6 cm 32.2 kg 11 years 143.8 cm 37.8 kg 12 years 150.6 cm 44.3 kg 13 years 157.7 cm 49.8 kg 14 years 164.9 cm 56.2 kg 15 years 170.3 cm 62.1 kg 16 years 173.4 cm 66.2 kg 17 years 175.0 cm 69.2 kg 18 years 176.2 cm 71.8
Girl child height weight table
< strong> Age Height (average) Weight (average) 1 year old 75.1 cm 9.3 kg 2 years 86.8 cm 11.9 kg 3 age 95.4 cm 14.1 kg 4 years 102.5 cm 16.1 kg 5 years 109.1 cm 18.4 kg 6 years 115.1 cm 20.6 kg 7 years 121.1 cm 22.9 kg 8 age 126.7 cm 25.7 kg 9 years 132.1 cm 28.9 kg 10 years 137.9 cm 32.6 kg 11 years 145.4 cm 38.2 kg 12 years 153.1 cm 45.1 kg 13 age 157.8 cm 50 kg 14 years 160.4 cm 53.3 kg 15 years 161.7 cm 55.3 kg 16 years 162.4 cm 56.3 kg 17 years 162.7 cm 57.2 kg 18 years 163.1 cm 58.1 kg
What you need to know about children’s development
– Physical development is related to motor skills.
Gross motor skills are physical movements in which large muscle groups are moved (such as walking, crawling). Fine motor skills are movements in which smaller muscle groups such as grasping and writing. Progress of these two skills as expected with age indicates that the child’s physical development is on track.
What About Fine and Gross Motor Development in Children?
– Height weight ratio in children is an important issue for parents. From time to time, each mother’s “Is my child short?”, “Is my child thin?” We know that you have thoughts like. First of all, let’s say that for your child’s physical development to progress, you have to offer him the right stimuli. So if the child is very thin or overweight, there is no other underlying disease, the problem is related to his diet. If your child is short, the problem may be caused by situations such as nutrition or lack of physical activity under the same conditions.
– From the age of 1 to 6, the baby will have acquired the most basic physical skills. He has many abilities such as crawling, walking, speaking, running, writing, reading, cutting, holding and using tools.
– Height and weight development in boys and girls is very rapid from birth to the age of 14.
However, after the age of 14, the height and weight chart of children begins to change. After this age, you can see that weight gain and height growth are slowing down.
– Boy height weight development progresses faster than girls height weight development.
Your child is underweight or What should you do if overweight?
– First of all, you should determine whether your child has a problem under this condition. Weight fluctuations in children may indicate an endocrine problem, a hormonal problem, diabetes may be seen in your child.
– If you do not have a health problem, what you need to do is change your child’s diet. Find out the child’s current weight. Compare the weight of your child by examining the height and weight chart in the children we have given above. If your child’s weight is lower or higher than the average, you can adjust it by consulting a nutritionist.
– Sports and physical activities also help regulate the child’s weight. You can help with weight control by choosing a sport that suits your child’s interests.
Let us help you with this: Children’s Sports Centers and Gymnastics Schools
What should you do if your child is taller or shorter than it should be?
– Height development in children is both genetic It concerns both properties and environmental conditions.
However, sometimes short stature in children may be related to environmental factors or endocrine problems. Regular and adequate nutrition may be related to problems such as thyroid and growth hormone deficiency.
– Especially eating foods rich in calcium, eating protein sources such as meat, fish and chicken, eating vegetables and fruits can be beneficial for height growth.
More information here: Food That Increases Height for Children
– Apart from these, it may also be beneficial to encourage children to increase their height, such as basketball.
– Children are generally tall. it may not indicate a serious problem. But the uncontrolled lengthening of the neck may be related to the gigantism problem. Consult a pediatric endocrinologist for this.